Currently we make and deliver about 200 meals a week at two cooking shifts and two delivery shifts per week. We accept food donations during two recovery shifts each week. We also have a Fun at Five shift, which brings together volunteers and kids from the neighborhoods we serve through sports, play, and crafts. The schedule for the Campus Kitchen at WM's shifts is listed below:
- Monday 4:00-7:00pm -- Cooking Shift
- Monday 4:00pm-6:00pm-Canned Meals Prep
- Tuesday 4:00pm-6:00pm-Canned Meals Prep
- Tuesday 5:30-6:30pm -- Delivery Shift
- Wednesday 5:00-6:00pm- Fun at Five
- Thursday 11:00am-12:00pm --Recovery Shift
- Thursday 4:00-7:00pm -- Cooking Shift
- Thursday 5:00-6:00pm -- Fun at Five
- Friday 5:00-6:30pm -- Delivery Shift
- Saturday 11:30-12:30pm -- Farmer's Market (spring and fall only)
Before signing up, please note the following information:
LOCATION: We are now located in the Williamsburg Presbyterian Church, which is right across the street from Monroe Hall. The entrance we use is the main back door that faces the church parking lot. The kitchen is located down the first hallway on your right. It will be the last door on your right. We will meet here for cooking shifts. For Recovery and Delivery, we will meet in the downstairs kitchen (directly under the main kitchen). For Fun at Five, we meet in the back parking lot of the Church.
DRESS WHEN COOKING: Please wear closed toed shoes, long pants, and bring a hat. (Hairnets will be given to people without hats.) Please also secure any loose sleeves and tie back long hair. No jewelry except for flat rings please!
VOLUNTEER CAPACITY: Both the Monday and Thursday cooking shifts can take a maximum of ten volunteers. The Tuesday and Friday delivery shifts and recovery shifts can take a maximum of 4 volunteers. We try to remove shifts from the website as soon as they fill up.
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER SHIFTS: Each month we will have shifts that are reserved for part community volunteers, part students. Community volunteers can sign up for this shift by using the normal form or emailing Anne Hefele at email@example.com
GROUP SIGN-UPS: Due to the high level of interest in both group and individual sign ups, CKWM is changing how groups sign up to volunteer for the shifts. The last week of the month will be group week and open to only groups. If there are no groups signed up by a week before their shift, we will open the shift for individual volunteers.
Each group should have a contact person or leader who will organize shift with the student coordinator and provide their phone number and email. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that their group is present at their selected shift.
- Before signing up, please have all group members' names, emails, and emergency contact numbers available- these will be required in setting up the shift.
- The number limits for shifts are 8 people for cooking, 4 people for delivery, and 10 people for Fun at Five. Please be aware that this includes the contact person!
- For groups, we will have a one-strike policy, meaning that if more than half of a group's volunteers miss a shift that group will not be allowed to volunteer with CKWM for the rest of a semester.
- Email Anne Hefele at firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling, questions, or comments
- Thank you for your patience with this new policy!
SHIFT CANCELLATION POLICY:
If you cannot make your shift you MUST notify Campus Kitchens 48 hours ahead of time!
Volunteers that miss two shifts (or one in the case of groups) without notifying us 48 hours ahead of time will not be allowed to volunteer with Campus Kitchens for the rest of the semester.
We work in small spaces and can only work with a few volunteers per shift, so we truly depend on our volunteers to get our meals made and delivered and we greatly appreciate advance notice!
Contact Anne Hefele at email@example.com
Ready to Sign up for a Shift?
February 20-Recovery Shift
February 27-Recovery Shift
March 15-Farmer's Market
March 22-Farmer's Market
March 29-Farmer's Market
Canned Good Meals
February 24-Canned Good Prep
February 25-Canned Good Prep
Fun at Five Shifts
February 20-Fun at Five
February 26-Fun at Five
February 27-Fun at Five
March 12-Fun at Five
March 13-Fun at Five
March 19-Fun at Five
March 20-Fun at Five
March 26-Fun at Five
March 27-Fun at Five
March 22-Cleaning Shift