School Climate Subscales
Note: This page is not visible to the public - only to site admins.
School Climate Subscales
- Our school makes an effort to inform the community about our goals and achievements.
- Our school is able to marshal community support when needed.
- Parents and other community members are included on planning committees.
- Community members are responsive to requests for participation.
- Community members attend meetings to stay informed about our school.
- Organized community groups (e.g., PTA, PTO) meet regularly to discuss school issues.
- School people are responsive to the needs and concerns expressed by community members.
- Teachers respect the professional competence of their colleagues.
- Teachers help and support each other.
- Teachers in this school exercise professional judgment.
- Teachers are committed to helping students.
- Teachers "go the extra mile" with their students.
- Teachers make innovative suggestions to improve the overall quality of our school.*
- Teachers help students on their own time.*
- Teacher begin class promptly and use class time effectively.*
Teacher Professionalism (New Items)
- Teachers engage in collaborative inquiry in search of improved methods of instruction.
- Teachers are continually searching for new instructional methods.
- Teachers put the needs of students ahead of bureaucratic rules.
- Teachers in this school hold themselves to high standards of practice.
- Teachers in this school hold themselves to high ethical standards.
- Teachers observe in each others' classrooms.
- The school sets high standards for academic performance.
- Students respect others who get good grades.
- Academic achievement is recognized and acknowledged by the school.
- Students try hard to improve on previous work.
- The learning environment is orderly and serious.
- Students seek extra work so they can get good grades.
- The principal is friendly and approachable.
- The principal puts suggestions made by the faculty into operation.
- The principal explores all sides of topics and admits that other opinions exist.
- The principal treats all faculty members as his or her equal.
- The principal is willing to make changes.
- Teacher committees in this school work productively.
- Teachers voluntarily help new teachers.
- Teachers volunteer to serve on committees.
- Teacher arrive to work and meetings on time.
- Teachers leave immediately after school is over.**
- Teachers schedule personal appointments at times other than during the school day.
- Teachers are rarely absent.
- Teachers volunteer to sponsor extracurricular activities.
- Teachers take the initiative to introduce themselves to substitutes and assist them.
- Teachers give colleagues advanced notice of changes in schedule or routine.
*also Organizational Citizenship