- Congrats to Daniel Speer (PhD Candidate, UC Davis, W&M 2018), Brendon Carnell (W&M 2020), and Bethany Kanter (W&M 2020). Their paper appeared in the Journal of Organic Chemistry in early November 2019.
- Former Former W&M undergraduate, Professor Rob Knowles of Princeton, was recently was recognized by an ACS Cope Scholar Award. Congrats to Rob! This is one of the highest honors the ACS bestows upon its members!
- Sarah Bredenkamp presented a poster at the National ACS meeting in Washington, DC on August 24, 2017.
Chen, Colleen Nofi and Shane Lewis's work appeared in an article
published in Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry (2017). Good work!
- Sarah Bredenkamp and Seong Ik Cheon were co-authors on a paper appearing in the Journal of Organic Chemistry (2017). Congrats!
- Stephen Amman ('11) is nearing the end of his PhD studies at the University of Illinois, Urbanna-Champaign under the guidance of Prof. Christine White. A job at Gilead awaits.
- Former W&M undergraduate Rob Knowles was recently promoted to Professor at Princeton University. Congrats to Rob!
- Jahan Cooper entered the PhD program in chemistry at The Ohio State University.
- Hannah Shenouda went to the PhD program in chemistry at UNC, Chapel Hill.
- Shane Lewis successfully defended nis M.S. Thesis in November of 2014. Congratulations, Shane! He now works at a specialty chemical company in RTP, NC.
- Yuzhou Chen successfully defended her M.S. Thesis in July, 2014. Congratulations, Yuzhou! She now works at MTC industris in NY.
- Michael Lichstrahl ('15) is supported for the summer by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute Grant administered throug Biology (Prof. Margaret Saha). His research is attempting to extend the cyclization/addition chemistry toward a natural product
- Hanna Shenouda ('16) is working with support as a Monroe Scholar in the summer of 2014
- Caroline Merryman ('14) graduated and will be attending the Auburn University's Chemistry PhD program.
- Ben Yeager ('14) is scribing for a year in PA and applying to medical schools
- Colleen Nofi ('14) earned a Merck Index Award and will enter the NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Emily Willard ('13) is applying to nursing programs.
- Stephen Ammann ('11) won an NSF Doctoral Fellowship for work with Prof. Christina White at U. Illinois. CONGRATULATIONS!
- Frederick Lambert ('11) won an NSF Doctoral Fellowship for his work with Abbie Doyle at Princeton. CONGRATULATIONS! Since then, he earned his M.S. from Princeton and is now beginning a DMD program at Harvard University.
- Justin Salvant ('12) is pursuing a PhD in chemistry at the University of Utah
- Ajara Rahman ('11) is currently in her third year of the University of Utah's chemistry PhD program working with Matt Sigman.